Friday, February 12, 2010

Minnesota Trip

in a couple hours I leave for Minnesota via LAX. My Brother is getting married in Minneapolis on Sunday. So I fly out and pick John up, so he can spend the weekend with all his cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. He hasn't been to Minnesota for four years, neither have I. Used to be kind of home. Still is I suppose. I grew up among those trees swimming in those lakes. Minnesota is a beautiful state. Even Winter, cold as it is, has its peculiar charms. It was a great state to grow up in. I didn't think it was that exciting when I grew up there. Couldn't wait to leave. So I left, and couldn't wait to go back every summer. I'm glad John gets to go with me now, at least he gets to see some of it. I don't think I'll have time to take him up to Staples, or Brainerd, the old lake cabin, or Parkers Prairie where he spent the first year of his life. In anycase though, I will be out of town for the weekend, be back Tuesday.

1 comment:

Steve Martin said...

Have a great trip, Bror!