Friday, February 12, 2010

Live Today

James 4:13-17 (ESV)
Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"— [14] yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. [15] Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." [16] As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. [17] So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
I plan for tomorrow, I fear it may come. I trust in God for all things, but I plan for tomorrow. I hope I never have to retire. If I do I hope I can keep trucking, use my retirement to subsidize mission plants etc. But then planning for tomorrow you shouldn’t ever forget to live today. Truth be told, you don’t know if tomorrow will come or not. So live today. Live. You are forgiven, live in it. Love your wife, your children, your family, eat, and drink, find joy in your work, live. Don’t wait for tomorrow to live. Tomorrow will have its own worries. Today’s are sufficient for today, and when you’re done dealing with them, live.

No comments: