Friday, April 29, 2011

Jesus is the Father?

Ether 3:13-14 [BOM]
“And when he had said these words, behold, the lord showed himself unto him, and said because you knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you. Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold I am Jesus Christ, I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.”
“I am the Father and the Son,” This is what I mean when I say Mormon’s don’t believe the Book of Mormon. I have yet to ask a Mormon if Jesus is God, and get a positive answer. I am always told he is the son. But here in their own book Jesus confesses to be the Father as well as the Son. This too varies from Mormon Doctrine. It is still heresy, but it is a completely different heresy than that which Mormons believe today. This smacks of Modalism at best, not polytheism that Mormons believe. Of course Mormons believe that God is not Spirit, contrary to John chapter four, a chapter they have more than one problem with., but that God has a body. So to them the Triune God is as impossible as it is for one person to have three bodies. And that is what they conceive of when they speak of the Trinity, three bodies sitting around a boardroom table, one in purpose like a foot ball team. But here Jesus Christ is both the Father and the Son, in their own works. Jesus never speaks like this in the Bible. He claims to be one with the Father, he claims that those who have seen him have seen the Father, but he never claims to be the Father. There is a distinction among persons, even as there is a unity of being.
But when I chastise Mormons telling them Jesus Claims to be God, they always tell me, well we thought you meant the Father. No, I just mean God. Is He God? I Believe the Father is God, I believe the Son is God, and wasn’t man of flesh and blood or named Jesus Christ until he was born of the Virgin Mary who was not artificially inseminated with the cosmic sperm of the Father, but conceived by the miraculous work of the Holy Spirit who is also God. But they are three separate and distinct persons. But Mormons answer saying no, and then they speak of the fact that He is not the Father. And I have no more reason to listen to them on the topic of Jesus or God or the Father, because it isn’t just the Bible that contradicts them, but their own Book of Mormon that contradicts them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For this one there should be a "sad" reaction button. I appreciate you pointing these contradictions out - but how sad that truth doesn't really matter for so many. Its just sad.