Thursday, August 19, 2010

God can't do until I let him?

Book of Mormon
Mosiah 18: 10
“Now I say to you, if this be the desire of your hearts what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his spirit more abundantly on you. “
Aside from the fact that God needs no witness that I have entered a covenant with him. Aside from the fact that it is better not to vow than to break your vows, and the complete in ability of us to keep a vow saying we will keep his commandments when infact we break them daily. I’m supposed to believe that what is keeping God from pouring out his spirit more abundantly upon him is my refusal to take a bath? What kind of a God is this? What God is limited in his actions towards me by me a mere mortal?

No comments: