Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The "Example" of the Son of of the Living God

“And now, my beloved brethren, I know by this that unless a man shall endure to the end in following the example of the Son of the living God, he cannot be saved.” (2 Nephi 31:16)
So one wonders what this “example” is. The one defining act of Christ is his death and resurrection. Christ died for the sins of the world.
“That is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.” (2 Cor. 5:19 (ESV)
So tell me, how am I supposed to follow that example again? How am I to “take away the sins of the world” when I have so many sins of my own? Have any Mormons come back to life after three days in the tomb? If not, have they followed Christ’s example to the end? I think not. Christ is not an example, he is the savior of the world. There is a difference.

No comments: