Friday, May 15, 2009

Increasing in Love

1 Thes. 3:11-13 (ESV)
Now may our God and Father himself, and our Lord Jesus, direct our way to you, [12] and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, as we do for you, [13] so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.

“And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all.” I don’t know, I just marvel at how Paul words this. May the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all. The Lord make you increase. God, the Lord, makes us increase and abound in love for one another. I’m glad for that. I don’t know that I could do that myself. I don’t think I could increase in love for others on my own. But may the Lord do it.

3 comments:

Steve Martin said...

"I don’t think I could increase in love for others on my own. But may the Lord do it."

Exactly my thought.

Nancy said...

Yeah...your comments make it look like you guys are just lookin' for someones parade to rain on. Well, I might march in the parade, but I'm not gonna smile...unless God makes me...*; )

Brigitte said...

Oh Steve, you love everybody.